Nine countries. Nine lessons. One epic journey.
From orphanages in Sri Lanka to silent meditation in Thailand; from fasting in India to temples in the Himalayas; from extreme martial arts in Korea, China, and Japan to the cobbled streets of Jerusalem…
Mastering Life transports readers on an incredible adventure around the world and, more importantly, deep into themselves.
Masterfully written and filled with
- vivid descriptions of exotic cultures and landscapes;
- extraordinary stories of survival, overcoming challenges, and celebrating triumphs;
- poignant insights into how to find real meaning and joy in life;
- deep Torah wisdom from our Sages;
- paradigm-shifting perspectives on Jewish thought and practice; and
- practical exercises to help integrate and implement the ideas.
Mastering Life is a deeply empowering guidebook, navigating us along the path toward becoming real enlightened Jewish masters.
About Rabbi Dov Ber Cohen
Rabbi Dov Ber Cohen spent six years living in Asia, immersing himself in local culture and delving deeply into Eastern philosophies. He eventually made his way to Israel, where he discovered the depth, beauty, and wisdom of his own religion. After walking the whole length of Israel in forty days to raise money for orphanages around the world, he made aliyah, got semichah, and is now a senior lecturer at Aish HaTorah World Center in Jerusalem.